Tuesday, March 31, 2009

God's house for me!

"Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my time, my all, utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou wilt. Work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever" Prayer by Betty Scott Stam, China inland missionary, martyred

I love this prayer. I have it written in the back of my Bible and everytime I read it I think about Betty Scott Stam (who other than this prayer I know nothing about!!) and think about her heart for God. I pray that I will have that heart for God. That I will push aside my own desires, plans, and purposes and live for His glory! I can only begin to imagine the beauty of that offering to our God!

As some of you might know Nick and I have been thinking about building a house (determined by Nick getting a new job). I thought it would be so fun to build the "perfect" home for our family that we could live in forever! But, yesterday in my quiet time I felt God telling me "no", or at least, "not now". I really felt God speaking to me very strongly sending me the message, "Daughter, I have many good things for you. But this is not what I have for you now. I have prepared the perfect house for you, but it is not on this earth!" I have no idea what God has in store for our future, house wise, but you better believe that I want the house God wants for me! Even if it is small and old... I want God's best!

I am definetly one of those people who wants to have it all right now! But, God doesn't work that way. Since God isn't going to change I guess I have some work to do. Will you pray for me today that I will learn to set aside my own plans and desires for our Father's?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

it is so hard to wait. i know, i am the most impatient person god has ever created! (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration... :) i'll pray that god's plans for your house will be made clear to you and nick soon.

thanks for saying a prayer for luke. he is much better now and acting like his normal self. whew! he gave us quite a scare!

Joanne said...

When the time is right, God will provide your house. I know it is hard to wait, but it will be worth it. You will learn alot in the meantime. You are a strong Christian and He has given you wisdom. I am glad you and Nick are Jessica's friends. (I'm her mom!) Have a wonderful day. I will be praying that Nick finds the job God wants him to have. It IS out there!