Monday, May 18, 2009

Ugh!

Sorry...this will not be the most uplifting blog post you have ever read. I appologize ahead of time! But, you have to let it out somehow and this is my chosen medium!

I am just feeling a little blah lately. I am still really struggling with getting settled here and feeling at home. It is so hard to make friends in a new place when you are a grown up!! Growing up I was always able to make friends easily and always had a "best friend" to hang out with. But, it is harder when you are a grown up! I still feel like I don't have anyone I can call and just meet up with! So... to put it plainly, I am lonely! And I don't know where I fit in!

I also am debating what things to participate in next year and which things to skip out on. I was thinking of not doing MOPS and putting the kids in Moms Day Out at church one day a week. Well, I have decided I am not ready to be away from my kids one whole day a week! So, then I might do MOPS... I just don't know!

(Side note on Moms Day Out)... everyone always says how you need to have a break from your kids and you need time alone to get things done... I tried to convince myself of this but it just wasn't working for me! I don't want my kids away from me for 6 hours one day a week. They are already away from me when I go to church on Sunday, Bible Study, MOPS... that is more than enough! And maybe I have calm kiddos, but I don't have that hard of a time getting things done! And if I do, my awesome hubby hangs out with the kiddos so I can get things done. I am not questioning anyone else's choice... it is just not for me right now. My time with them at home is so short... Max is already almost 3! I don't want to hurry things along any faster than I need to!

I feel like I haven't really made any close friends anywhere so I am just not sure where to spend my time!

Okay, sorry that was random and whiny... but I am struggling and had to let it out!

5 comments:

In With the Light said...

katie, you will be in my prayers that you find some new friends soon and that you no longer feel lonely. i totally understand what you're saying. i live back in foco and i am not friends with anyone from when i was in high school so i really don't have many friends either...it will get better...hang in there!

Christina said...

I LOVE you and I am PRAYING for you!!! You are a wonderful friend, people are crazy to not see you and immediately think, "WOW, she is SUPER cool!!!!" :):)

Jessica said...

i have the same problem and i've lived in the same place my whole life! you're right, it's just harder when you're a grown up. i wish that we lived closer because i think we would be good friends. i loved hanging out with you and nick, even for just an hour!

on an unrelated note: my brother is getting married july 18 in st. peter's. is that anywhere near you guys?

Jessica said...

we'll have to plan a visit when we head your way in july--fun!

catrina said...

Katie, I'm SO sorry! I know I struggle with this sometimes just because things are different now then they were when we were growing up. we have different desires and wants then any friends who might still be around. I will pray for someone fabulous to come see you on Sunday to brighten your day. :) I love you! Hang in there!