Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The great TV debate

Did y'all read Stuff Christians Like today. If you aren't reading this blog you are seriously missing out! I love it!

Anyway, the topic was judging Christians that watch TV. I really liked this message because it was something I really think a lot about. To be honest, I LOVE TV! I love HGTV, TLC, Friends, The Big Bang Theory, The View... I love it all. But, there is one thing I really struggle with. Almost every show I watch (except HGTV and the Duggars of course!) I totally have moral issues with. So, sometimes I ask myself this big question... If I couldn't mention church or the fact that I go to church, and I couldn't directly talk about God, would anyone be able to tell at all that I am a Christian? I guess I am wondering if I am totally blending in to this world and it scares me. And it scares me that a lot of the Christians I know, when I see them outside of a church building, I would never in a million years guess that they were Christians. And I have a feeling the same thing could be said about me. I am not saying I want to go out and buy myself a denim jumper and grow my hair out to my ankles and have 14 kids and raise chickens in a home with no electricity. I am not saying I want to ban every book from my home besides the Bible and every DVD from my children's collection that isn't Veggie Tales. I am just saying that at the end of the day I would love for people to look at my life as a little bit different.

That is just what I am thinking about today... thanks for listening to my randomness!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i enjoy the randomness and i feel the same way. :) hugs to the ramseys!