Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's new...

Wow, I am such a blog slacker lately! I have been in one of those ruts where I feel like I have so much to say that I don't say anything!

So, let's stat out with... what's new? We are about 3 weeks and 1 day from closing on our house! Score! It is looking great. We went by last night to take pictures (however, when we got there the battery was dead!) and they had lots of new things done. Shutters were on, outdoor lighting was up, trim was painted, countertops were on, a few of the appliances were in and the HVAC was working. It is really starting to come together! Although, I am totally stressed out about getting everything done! I don't want to move a bunch of junk into a brand new beautiful house so I am really trying to weed out stuff. But, it is a huge challenge because a lot of stuff is in storage. Anyway, it is a mess! But, somehow I am sure it will all come together in the end!

The kids are doing great. Sophie is doing a little better about sleeping through the night which is a HUGE praise. Max is doing great. He has a new girlfriend... the girl who works the drive thru at McDonalds. He is in love. The first time he saw her Nick was driving through and they get to the window and Max says, "Look Daddy, its a giiiirl (as if the word is 8 syllables!). It is a nice girl". Then the next time we drove through she wasn't there. Max says, "That's not a girl" and cries a little! Then I drove through yesterday and there she was... "Mommy! Mommy! It's a girl!! She's a giiiiirl. She's a nice giiirl!" That boy cracks me up. (Oh, and no judging how much we go to McDonalds! It is none of your business;-) Ha!

Hope all is well with all of you! I am loving reading everyone else's blogs so much right now!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

max is a funny boy! luke has figured out that if he smiles a certain way and waves at the girl who takes the money she will give him a bag of cookies. he gets really upset if it's a new girl and it doesn't work!

i won't judge you on your mcdonald's trips if you don't judge me... :)

so glad to hear everything is going great with the new house! i hear ya about the junk and moving--we're planning a big moving sale in october. we have to pay to move the junk this time and a lot of stuff is getting the boot!

Mallory said...

Katie, I can't wait to see pictures of your finished house! I know the move seems daunting (especially with stuff in storage that you'd like to go through), but it'll all come together :)

catrina said...

What a big boy!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new house. Christina said it was really nice. I just need to make it back up there and see you guys.
Love ya girly.