Saturday, August 23, 2008

A lot of blogging to catch up on!

Hello Friends! I have a lot of blogging to catch up on! I know I have a legitimate excuse with a new baby, but I still like keeping this up to date! It might end up taking me a few days to actually write this blog entry but I intend to do it!

Well, as everyone knows by now, Sophie Nichole Ramsey is here!

On August 14 Nick and I woke up super early and headed for St. Luke's so that they could induce me. But, we had to stop off for a little St. Louis Bread Co. first! It was fun to sit and enjoy a little time together before heading to the hospital. We arrived at St. Luke's at 7:30. We were taken to our room and they had me change into a gown and then around 8:30 they started the pitocin. I was pretty nauseated most of the day but for some reason I just love being at a hospital giving birth so I was pretty much in heaven all day! Around 11 or so I started having contractions and by 12 they were getting more intense. Around 1:30 they did my epidural. I was so scared to have it because I didn't remember what the last one felt like (stupid Stadol making me all drugged out!) But, our anesthesiologist was really great and it actually wasn't too bad! Immediately after that they broke my water and I started having some real progress! They checked me around 2:30 and I was dialated about 6cm. At 3:30 my doctor came to check on me and I was almost at a 10! They worked on getting everything set up and at 4:30 after only 5 minutes Sophie came out!! It was amazing!

She got to stay right in our room with us while they gave her her first bath and did all of the baby care stuff. It was so neat. Then I got to nurse her and she latched right on!

I loved having Sophie at St. Luke's. I loved my experience with Max at Cox but everything I didn't like about my experience at Cox they did differently at St. Luke's. They kept the baby in the room pretty much all the time, I stayed in the same room for labor, deliver, and postpartum, Nick had a pull out couch to sleep on, all of the nurses taking care of us were RNs not those silly patient care assistants that had no idea what was going on, when you needed something you could call your nurse directly on the phone, and all of the rooms are private!

Sophie has been doing great. She had a little jaundice the first few days but that went away pretty quickly. Breastfeeding for the most part is going great. I am a little sore so that is effecting it a little bit right now but overall the transition is much smoother than it was with Max. There is definetly something to be said for a little experience!

Max has adjusted so well to being a big brother. I really thought it would be hard for him but he has been amazing. He had a few moments the fist day or two we were home where he wanted to be on Mommy's lap when I was nursing Sophie but he never had any major meltdowns or anything. He calls her "Phophie" or "Sister" and is very sweet to her. We are so proud of how well he adjusted!

On a non-baby note, we sold our house today! I think I will be pretty aprehensive until the day we close! But, it is still exciting. We loved our house but it will be great to move on. I am really excited we sold it with it being on the market for only a month. God is so good to us! This only could have happened through Him!!

We will probably stay with Grandma for another few months or so after closing. We are all really enjoying the arrangement. Max loves his "Gaga June" and she is so much help with the kids!! She entertains Max while I am nursing Sophie or holds Sophie for me while I am getting things done. It is also great because I can run to the store while both kids are napping and leave them at home! Shopping is much more efficient that way!

We are still searching for a church home so please be in prayer for our family in that area. We are excited to get settled in a church and to get plugged in! I think tomorrow morning we are going to try the First Baptist Church of Wentzville. We have heard good things about their kids programs. It is also the church I plan on joining their MOPS group so it will be good to go check it out.

Anyway, I guess that is all for now! I actually got this written in one day! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i'm so glad sophie made it here all right and everyone is adjusting! i had luke at cox (i think we might have had doctors from the same office--physicians for women?) and i didn't like the same things you mentioned about having max there. if i can bust outta there a day early i will, i hated being in the hospital for so long after luke was born!

good luck finding a church home, that's so important. :)

Mallory said...

I'm so glad to hear everything is happening smoothly! I'll be sure to pray for you and your search for a church home. Matt and I found a church when we moved here (on the first try) with a fantastic pastor (from Missouri, no less!), but when he retired, we realized it wasn't the right place for us. We spent a lot of Sundays church "shopping," and it was totally exhausting. I hope it's another smooth transition for you. Congratulations again on Sophie and on your house selling! :)