Friday, September 19, 2008

Peace and Quiet

Ahhh... I am just enjoying a little peace and quiet at 11:30 at night. My little Sophie is a wonderful little baby but she has really rough evenings. I finally got her to sleep... hopefully for "the night". She usually sleeps from 11ish to 5ish which is awesome!

Nick is back in Nixa tonight moving us out of our house. My parents went down with him to help which is just awesome. We are so thankful for them. We are set to close on our house on Tuesday. It feels like a huge weight is being lifted off of our shoulders. We were so blessed to have an AMAZING realtor working with us. We sold our house within about 30 days which is pretty amazing in this market. If anyone in the Springfield area ever needs a realtor definetly give Don Caudle a call. He knows what he is doing!

Today I took Max to the pediatrician since he had a really bad cough. I LOVE our new pediatrician and the whole office! The place is just totally centered around kids! The office is so nice and brand new and all of the staff is so friendly. The nurses were so sweet to Max who is going through a really shy phase. They showed him books and gave him stickers while they were taking his vitals. Then our pediatrician, Dr. Hanson, came in and was so sweet with Max. She let him sit on my lap during the exam and she sang Max little songs to keep him calm and distracted while she looked him over. It was so wonderful! (Note: Max just has a little virus)

So much has been on my heart lately that I have wanted to share on my blog but I just haven't had time to sit down and share it all (I wonder what I have been doing??) Even now as I sit here I don't know where to start. God is just teaching me so much lately that I can't even wrap my mind around it all. I am learning so much through my amazing and increadibly generous family. I am also learning so much through my children. It is amazing how God teaches us lessons about His character through people in our lives. I will try to write more about these things over the next few weeks as time allows!

My only "complaint" right now is my lack of time to spend with my husband. He has been a little stressed lately and we are just very busy having a newborn. Nick loves his job and living here but the reality of the move is starting to set in a little bit. He has pretty much lived in the same area for 26 years and getting used to St. Louis has been a little difficult for him. Change can be so hard. But, he is handling it like a champ! I am looking forward to Sophie being a few weeks older so Nick and I can go on a date and spend some one on one time together! I miss him!
Oh, here is a thought! I was watching Oprah the other day (on accident, it came on and I couldn't reach the remote because I was feeding Sophie). But, the topic was affairs and the "expert" was discussing affair proofing your marriage. The guy said that in order to affair proof their marriage couples need to:
1. affirm one another more often
2. have sex more often
3. have date night once a week where you do not discuss kids, money, or work
I think the one that suprised me most was not talking about kids, money, or work. Nick and I definetly fall into that trap a lot! But, it is such a good idea! So, Nick and I are going to try to take some time every week to have "date time" since we can't really go out and talk about things other than kids, money, or work.

Anyway, this was a very random, rambling blog post. I should get some sleep while I have a chance. Or, maybe I should do some work? No, sleep!:-) Good night!

1 comment:

In With the Light said...

katie, i love your blog! this whole wife thing is new to me and i really feel i can learn a lot from you. please, if you can, check out my blog (which is also a new thing). sounds like things are going well!! talk to you soon. ~Sarah