Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The search might be back on again!

I am so disheartened! I am afraid that our search to find a church in our new town might be back on again! Nick and I were really enjoying the Baptist Church in Wentzville but I just don't think it is going to work for our entire family. Max is having such a rough time in the nursery we haven't been able to stay for a whole church service in like 2 months. And honestly, I don't really blame him. I went in and sat with him a few weeks ago after they paged me to come get him because he was freaking out and honestly, it was a total mess. I was sitting there and kids were just running around like crazy people. The two teachers in the room spent the entire time talking to each other and totally ignoring the kids. Several kids came up to Max while I was holding him and tried to take his cup or his book and the teachers just totally ignored it. There was no structure whatsoever. I asked the nursery coordinator about it and she didn't seem too concerned. So, I am afraid we might have to start looking again.

We just can't go to a church that isn't good for our kids. And, since we never get to even sit through a whole service because Max freaks out it really just won't work! It is just so hard to look for a church. Nick and I desperately want to find a church that we can call home and start building relationships. So, please pray for us as our journey continues!

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Will do. I know how rough it is to find a new church, and you've had to search for so long. You'll end up where you belong :) I'll definitely keep your searching in my prayers, though.

Also, hooray to your last post! What a great feeling!! If you ever need encouragement, feel free to send me an email or a message on facebook. I'm good at motivating words (even though I need them more often than not) :)

Happy New Year :)

catrina said...

Katie, Im so sorry! I TOTALLY understand the church search. As you remember we church jumped a lot, do it until you find the right fit for your kids and for you and Nick! I will pray for you on it, I know it's hard but keep at it. There is that right church out there, although all of them have their flaws and honestly if it was perfect we wouldn't want to go, right? Hang in there!! Sending you a big hug!