Friday, January 2, 2009

It's 2009

Wow, I can't believe it is 2009 already. 2008 was such a big year with our new baby, move, Nick's new job.... Wow. Part of me hopes this year is calmer! But, what I really want this year to be more than anything is all about God! As I glanced back over my blog I realized how much I talk about everything God is doing for me. I think this is a great thing to talk about. God definetly deserves the glory! But, I was thinking today about how God is good all the time. God answers prayer all the time, even when the answer is no. And with all the good and yes' I have gotten lately I have forgotten that God and His amazingness stand alone! He doesn't need me to show how amazing He is. He doesn't need any of us!

So, my goal for 2009 is to focus less on myself and more on my Creator! My goal is to change the way I think and the way I talk.

My husband had a "come to Jesus" with me (I love that phrase and it is certainly fitting here) a few weeks ago and it has just totally changed my thought life. I was feeling really down and depressed and just at the end of my rope in a lot of ways. I was feeling so bad about everything and so negative. Nick said, "you have got to stop thinking like this" to which I got angry and responded, "I can't control the way I think! What am I supposed to think about?" And then he hit me with a ton of bricks (by bricks I mean truth!) and he said, "think about whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable..."

So, Sisters, here I am. Standing at the beginning of 2009 ready to make a change. I am called to take every thought captive and think about that which is true, noble, right... And let's be honest, almost all of what is true and right and... is about Jesus Christ Himself and not about me!

Please be in prayer with me as I work to change my thoughtlife! And let me know if I start talking about myself too much! This is an uphill battle to be sure but I am ready for the challenge!

With that in mind I have chosen for my first scripture memory verse of '09 (I am memorizing scripture with Beth Moore and the Siestas through her blog, http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com)

Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things
Phillipians 4:8

3 comments:

Barr Family said...

Hey girlie! I am doing the Scripture memorizing thing with Beth too! I am doing Colossians 3:12-14. Yours is a good one too! I might have to do it next time!

Christina said...

This is ABSOLUTELY one of my FAVORITE verses!! I think about it SO much when I am feeling sad!!! God IS so good, ALL the time, even when we are sad!! I loved what you aid about God knowing exactly what He is doing even when His answer is "no!" You are right on sister!! I am SO proud of you my dear friend!!

Anonymous said...

t's such a important site. cool, extraordinarily fascinating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://katalik.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,2158/]opony[/url]