Monday, January 12, 2009

I finally have a "life"!

As I am sure everyone who has moved to a new city can attest to, it really takes awhile to get settled in and get life back to “normal”. I feel like I am finally getting settled into life here in Lake St. Louis and I am really excited about that. I am really excited because I feel like I finally have things to do with my life on a day to day basis and it is really nice!

I am really looking forward to this “semester” (which is still how I look at life even though no one is in school right now!) I am still doing MOPS which I really enjoy and am starting to really feel like I fit in! I am also doing a women’s morning Bible study at the new church we are attending, and I am going to do a 6 week evening study at my cousin’s church with her. I also signed Max up for Kindermusik classes which is probably what I am most excited about!! I used to take the little boy I babysat to those classes and it was so much fun! So, I can’t wait to do them with my own little music-lover! I am also hopeful that Nick and I will get involved in a growth group at our new church too so we can really start meeting people!

But, with that said, I am SO GRATEFUL for the time God gave me to be alone a little when we first moved here. I am naturally a very social person so if there are people to hang out with I will be there! But, when I was given no option but to stay home day after day I learned SO much!! God has taught me so much about myself, my children, and my marriage! God really does give us seasons in life and he uses them! I feel so blessed and refreshed! Looking back on it I would not trade my 6 month social sabbatical for anything!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i had chloe at cox and believe it or not, the night she was born i was the only one in labor there! we saw all the nurses because it was a slow night and i got the vip treatment--booyah!

my doctor is kathleen graves but she wasn't on call that night so dr. richmond delivered chloe. he was really nice.

so far we're surviving, but on little sleep. you were right that it's not as bad the second time (HUGE knock on wood!). luke has been okay other than a few fits and chloe is sleeping a lot still. i suppose that could change any day now so i'm bracing myself!

she's really tongue tied so that has made nursing pretty much impossible. she takes a bottle okay but even has trouble with that sometimes so we're going to have to get the tongue thing clipped. :(