Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BPA Free list

I found this list of BPA free bottles and sippies and thought I would pass along the link. I found it super helpful! The more I read and learn about BPA the more determined I am to limit my children's exposure to it! Bottles made with BPA are going to not be sold in many stores starting next year (which means that there obviously is a real threat!) but they will still be available through 2009 I believe! So, check out this link, http://safemama.com/2007/11/22/bpa-free-bottle-and-sippy-cup-cheat-sheet/
I bought the BPA free Avent bottles for Sophie. They are kind of expensive (about $9.00 a piece) but she liked the nipples on those the best and I thought the price was worth the peace of mind. There are much cheaper options out there though. I think the main thing to look out for is super clear plastic (but it is found in colored and opaque plastics too). I know the BPA free Avent bottles have kind of a honey colored tint to them because they are made out of different materials.

Anyway, I just wanted to share because I know it can be hard to know where to start sometimes!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i've researched this too and have gotten bpa bottles for chloe. the walmart brand (parents choice) makes bpa free now and the plastic is a white cloudy color. i got 3 bottles for 1.38. yay!

how is the breastfeeding going?