Monday, February 2, 2009

My scripture memory for the first part of February it Philipians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I am not sure I have ever needed a scripture more! I am so anxious about Nick needing to find a new job soon (he accepted a voluntary lay off at Brown). We have no idea when his last day at Brown will be, it could be tomorrow or it could be 6 months from now! I don't know that I had to ever rely on God so completely for EVERYTHING! He is our ONLY hope right now. And, I am struggling so hard to not be anxious and just sit and worry all day!

2 comments:

Christina said...

That is MY FAVORITE verse!!! It means so much to me to know that GOD knows us and loves us completely! He doesn't always make everything easy, but He is always there and will ALWAYS provide!! I love you!

Mallory said...

You must be so proud of Nick for accepting that voluntary lay off. It sounds like you have a very thoughtful and wise husband :) It's definitely a scary place to be, but with such a wonderful husband and a good God, I know things will turn out like they should. You're in my prayers!