Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update!

Okay, I hope this is not a premature celebration... but I think we are totally back in the swing of things with breastfeeding! She had about 1-2 ounces of formula yesterday and other than that it was all breastmilk. I think today we are going to try to go 100% breastfeeding. She is back to prefering the breast to the bottle too which is great.

The only downside is... she eats a lot in the middle of the night! I was told by several people that to get supply back up to let her nurse as often as possible and that it is easiest to get supply back up at night when things are quiet and dark. So! She is up several times during the night nursing! But, I honestly would rather be up in the middle of the night if it means I can give her the best thing for her. However, over the next few weeks I will be working towards getting her to eat more during the day and trying to encourage her to eat less at night. Everything is a process!

But, I am just so excited. A lot of prayer and some hard work has really paid off! Yay God! I am glad all of those DISGUSTING milk production drops, tons of bowls of oatmeal, and several cups of mother's milk tea have had a purpose!

2 comments:

In With the Light said...

horray! that is great news! now when are you going to get some much needed shut eye?? ;)

Jessica said...

yay!