Monday, February 23, 2009

Am I ready??

So, this is SO silly! But I am totally freaking out! I am signing Max up for Mom's Day Out one day week next school year. It is like preschool and he would go from 9-2 every Monday. I am really doing it for him and not for me. Max is SO smart and just amazes me everyday. But, he is definetly a 2 year old and does not like being told what to do or really having "structure". I really want to transition him very easily into school and preschool so I feel like a one day a week class would be really good for him.

But, it is also hard for me! He is my little baby and thinking of him being away from me a good chunk of the day one day a week is hard! He is away from me at church and Bible study, but we are in the same building!

Max is kind of a challenge for me! He is just so smart (like his Daddy) and I just have a hard time understanding him sometimes! He is very concrete and things are supposed to be a certain way. He learns quickly. He already knows several different types of dinosaurs and can pronounce their long names easily and he is just facinated by animals. But, if I am trying to teach him or talk to him about something he doesn't want to learn he just won't do it! I really want to work with his strengths and help him in the areas he needs help in order for him to be successful!

Please just pray for me that I will be a good mom for Max! He is a strong willed, very bright little boy and I want to help him be successful!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Remember that at 2 he isn't supposed to want to be structured to learn yet! Even at three they need to be able to follow a routine, but not follow direct lessons unless they are playing a game for the lesson. Smart toddlers are amazing and complicated, but let him be interested in what he wants, he has so much time to learn all he needs to. Good luck with your one day a week next year once he turns three!

Katie said...

It is so true! Thank you for the reminder! I really think it will be good for him to be away learning from someone else one day a week! But, it just seems scary! They can't stay babies forever!

In With the Light said...

don't worry. you are doing the right thing. the only way he is going to learn to listen to you, is by being in an environment that is structred, without you, sad as it sounds. you are a great mommy and really have nothing to worry about. Max learning big names like that is his way of telling you he might not be totally ready for it now, but he will be when sept. roles around. hang in there!!