Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hit by a brick!

Do you ever have one of those moments where you feel like all of the sudden you were hit in the head with a brick? Okay, not in the literal sense! But, when you are sitting in church, listening to a speaker, reading a book, talking to a friend, etc, and something is said to you that just totally hits you! You just have a GIANT ah-ha moment and everything you have always struggled with seems to make sense!!

I took a brick to the head last night! I was at the Sacred Romance class I am taking with my cousin at her church. The speaker was talking about the lies we believe about ourselves. I don't remember exactly what she was saying, but she then said, "I realized I believed in God but I wasn't believing God." Oh, Sisters, how that spoke to my heart!! That is me! I believe in God with my entire heart and soul!! But, I don't always believe what he says... especially what he says about me and what he will do for me.

Later in the class this poem was read based on God's word. It is long but worth reading. Let me share it here with you!

My Child... (God's words to us)
You may not know Me, but I know everything about you.
I know when you sit down and when you stand up.
I am familiar with all your ways.
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.
For you were made in My image.
In Me you live and move and have your being.
I knew you even before you were conceived.
I chose you when I planned creation.
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in My book.
You are extraordinarily and wonderfully made.

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know Me.
I am not distant and angry,
but am the complete expression of love.
And it is My desire to lavish My love on you
simply because you are My child and I am your Father.
Every good gift that you receive comes from My hand.
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs.
My plan for your future
has always been filled with hope.
Because I love you with an everlasting love.
My thoughts toward you
are countless as the sand on the seashore.
And I rejoice over you with singing.
I will never stop doing good to you.
For you are My treasured possession.
I desire to establish you
with all My heart and all My soul.

And I want to show you
great and marvelous things.
If you search for Me with all your heart,
you will find Me.
Delight in Me
and I will give you the desires of your heart.
For it is I who gave you those desires.
I am able to do more for you
than you could possibly imagine.
For I am your greatest encourager.

I am also the Father
who comforts you in all your troubles.
When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you.
As a shepard carries a lamb,
I have carried you close to My heart.
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes.
I'll take away all the pain
you have suffered on this earth.

I am your Father, and I love you
even as I love My Son, Jesus.
For in Jesus, My love for you is revealed.
He came to demonstrate that I am for you,
not against you.
His death was the ultimate expression of My love for you.
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love.
If you receive the gift of My Son Jesus, you receive Me.
And nothing will ever seperate you from My love again.


If you are interested I have the corresponding verses to each of those lines. I know we all here believe in God. But, do you believe this? God tells us these things in His word. We KNOW it is all true. But, do we believe what He is saying. I know that my life would look very different if I lived each day as if I truly believed these things were true!

2 comments:

In With the Light said...

what a great poem! thanks for sharing that, katie!

Jessica said...

i would love it if you stop by the 6th! how exciting! i think luke and max will really like each other.

i've still got those samples so i'll send them your way!