Saturday, June 14, 2008

I am currently studying 1 John from the New Testament with my friend Christy. I learn so much when I slow down and take a part from the Bible piece by piece. Yesterday I was reading and came across these verses,
"3We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love[a] is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." 1 John 2:3-6
I am working on memorizing these verses this week. But, as always when I am reading God's word I was felt like I was hit with a brick when I read, "whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." I claim to live in him. Does my walk look anything like Jesus'? I don't think so! I know we can't be perfect and our walk will never look exactly like Jesus', but that should be our goal. So, as I was taking notes I jotted a little thought, What does it mean to walk like Jesus did? I started making a little list of the things Jesus did and the way he acted.
So now, I have a favor to ask! I don't really know how many people read my blog! I have a few faithful commenters and I have several people tell me they read it from time to time. But, I would like to ask everyone who reads this post to help me with my list! You can either leave your thoughts in the comment section (annonymously if you want) or e-mail them to me and I will add them in later! KatieLRamsey@gmail.com.
I just started jotting down a few things like, speaking truth in love, praying for God's will and not my own, serving others, fellowshiping with other believers, studying God's word, not sinning...
I think sometimes I come across verses like this and I think, yeah, I should live like Jesus but I don't take the time and really think about how Jesus lived!
Thank you in advance for your help!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Awesome post!! Thanks for sharing with us!! I think one of the biggest ways Jesus show's his love for His people is through the unfailing grace that he gives us (and showed us!)!! Grace is a hard thing to understand but Jesus gives us the perfect example of it over and over again!! Grace is so hard for me to understand, yet how can we not give it, when Jesus shared it SO lovingly to ALL of the people that hurt Him!? That is my thought for now!! :) Love you much!!