Wednesday, June 18, 2008

If you can't say something nice...

I know I am not perfect. I am not always the nicest person in the world. But, I really do try to be nice, positive, and encouraging when I talk to people.
Lately, I have encountered so much negativity that I cried this afternoon! It wasn't a big deal... Max and I were getting home after a wonderful morning with friends and my neighbor (who is always negative and nasty) comes onto MY driveway and says, "wow, you have so much junk in your garage you can't get your cars in". I know, it was rude, but not that big of a deal, but I am pregnant and it really hurt my feelings and made me angry! Yes, my garage is a mess right now... but it is because I have a huge pile of stuff I am sorting through because we are trying to donate everything we don't use or need to the Springfield Victory Mission or give to people we know who need things. Not that it is any of her business what I do in my garage anyway! It just kind of was the straw that broke the camel's back after having a lot negative comments from various people lately.
I just cannot wrap my mind around why people feel the need to be negative to people! If you can't say something nice you don't need to say anything at all!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

I'm sorry your neighbor doesn't know how to not say anything if she's not going to be pleasant.

Have a wonderful evening! :)