Sunday, May 11, 2008

Yesterday I got a call from the paramedics around 4:10 p.m. My sister Emily had been walking to CCH and began having major seizures. Thankfully, a campus security guy was walking by and she was able to flag him down and by the amazing grace of God he also happened to be an EMT! Emily ended up having 5 major seizures before getting to the hospital. Nick and I were able to drop Max off with the most amazing friends in the entire world, Wyatt and Christina, and be there with her. It was such a blessing to have Nick there because Emily was totally out of it from all of the medication they had given her so I was a little shaken up. Anyway, she is doing okay now. She is staying with us which we are happy about and my mom is coming down today. Emily is doing okay but I think she is very scared. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have this going on with your body and not have any control over it and not know the cause. She handles it so well and I am so proud of her. Please pray for her whenever you get a chance, specifically in these ways:
  • as she takes her finals starting tomorrow after going through this totally traumatic experience, pray for her to have the peace that only God can give in times like these
  • in two weeks as she spends a week in the hospital undergoing lots of tests, please pray that they will be able to figure this out and even solve this problem!
  • praise God for how he works in amazing ways! We are so thankful for the security guard being nearby! We are also so thankful that we were in town, we were supposed to be at a wedding up in K.C. that started at 4 but my doctor does not want me traveling so we had to stay home... praise God! We are also incredibly thankful for Emily's awesome roommate who was at the hospital before we even got there and stayed with us the whole time, what an amazing friend!
  • pray for my mom, it is so hard to watch her child suffer when there is nothing she can do, pray that God gives her peace and wisdom

Thank you so much for your love and support during this time!

No comments: