Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Mom

I just have to take a few minutes and talk about how much I love my mom! She is just the most amazing mom ever and I feel so blessed by her!

I have always been close to my mom. But since having children I feel even closer to her. She loves me and my husband and my children so much. She is so supportive of me and everything that I do. One thing that I have come to appreciate so much, especially since becoming a mom, is that my mom doesn't tell me what to do. For me, that is huge! If I ask her a question, she will tell me what she thinks. But, even then follows it by... but I'm not sure, maybe you should ask your pediatrician. This is just so important for me because it makes me feel like she thinks I am a good mom. She trusts my judgment and she believes in me. When I am having a problem with discipline or something she is so amazing. She listens to the problem, talks with me about what I think I should do (never telling me what I should do)and then is my biggest cheerleader! She is there totally just there for support and encouragement.

Now that we live so close I just feel even more blessed by my mom. I still talk to her on the phone at least once a day and now I get to see her a few times a week. I am so grateful for her amazing relationship with my kids. She loves them so much and they love her so much. For Max, going to Grandma and Grandpa's house is the best thing in the entire world. He lives for it! And it makes me so happy that we are able to really help foster that relationship more now that we live closer.

Later today we are headed to Mom and Dad's to help them decorate for Christmas and our whole family is just so excited! Mainly, just to spend time together! So, all I can say is, I love my Mom! And I hope I can be as good of a mom as she is one day!

2 comments:

In With the Light said...

Well, it sounds to me like you already are a wonderful mother and your mom totally respects your decisions. Since I know you (and miss you now!! come visit!) and I know your mom, she is an awesome lady. One of my favorite teachers in high school. You should show her your post. I know she would love to hear what you are sharing with the world. God Bless!!

Jessica said...

i feel the same about my mom--LOVE her!

happy thanksgiving!