Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just a quick update on how our family is doing!... We are doing great! Our only complaint... we are still a family of 3 and are very eagerly awaiting our little girl!

Yesterday I had an appointment with my new O.B. He is fabulous! If I could I would carry him around in my pocket! He is extremely kind and took lots of time with me going over everything and answering all of my questions. He made me feel very comfortable and welcome. He told me all about delivering at St. Luke's and got me really excited about that. They have rooms where you labor, deliver, and then stay all in the same room. And, they are all private rooms! They give the baby its first bath right in the room so mom and dad can be involved and they just seem to make the whole experience very family friendly! I can't wait!

Nick is enjoying his new job. I think it is a little bit of an adjustment going from a company with about 5 full time programmers to hundreds but not a bad change. I think working in a cube after having an office is also an adjustment but not a big deal. Nick (who you know is die-hard about getting out of debt) is most excited about his opportunity to work overtime. After 40 hours he gets paid hourly and has been invited to work as much overtime as he wants. Although, I don't love the idea of him working extra I do know it will be short term and is a great opportunity for our family. Plus, him doing it now has the added bonus of me having back-up! My grandma is a huge help and as you fellow stay-at-home moms know the main thing is having an adult to talk to throughout the day so that will make it all a lot easier.

Living near family is amazing. Max loves spending so much time with Gaga, Emmie, Gaga June, Gapa, etc... I think if it were up to him we would all live on one big compound and spend all day, everyday together! He just loves, "his people"! And, being 9 months pregnant, I LOVE having so many people help keep my son entertained! I always knew our family was wonderful but these past few days I have really felt it! I can't believe we lived without family for this long!

I can't think of much else to report! Since I have a little more free-time these days I will probably update here in a day or two or when Sophie gets here!

No comments: