Tuesday, July 22, 2008

update

Wow, I can't believe our big move is only a few days away! There are definetly pros and cons with making such a quick move! Things have been stressful and busy around here but overall really good! I will definetly miss our friends and am trying not to think about that too much and focus on how great it will be to live so close to our family.
We have been so increadibly blessed by family during this process. My parents have totally helped with the moving efforts including packing here and getting our "place" ready at Grandma's... all while waiting on stand-by for Sophie to come. Then my Grandma has generously opened up her home to us which is just an increadible blessing!! We really look forward to getting to spend time with her and are so thankful for the opportunity to get settled without some additional stress! She is amazing! I really don't know what we would do without our increadible family! A day hasn't gone by since all of this moving stuff began that Nick or I haven't looked at each other and said, "we are so blessed to have such wonderful family!".
My family has taught me so much about what it means to be a family and I am so grateful for that. They really are always there for us when we need them and are the first ones to offer to lend a hand when things come up. I am so grateful to God that my kids will get to grow up with such amazing people totally involved in their lives.
Growing up I had the most amazing relationship with my grandparents (I still do!), but we lived so far away. I am almost jealous of what my children will get to share by living so close to my parents!! I am so excited that they will have grandparents that they get to see all the time! I am so excited that they will get to have grandparents at their soccer games, school concerts, church plays, etc! And, I am not going to lie... after living far from family the past 21 months I am really excited to have a date night with my husband every once in awhile knowing my kids are having a blast with thier grandparents!!
Please keep praying for us as we make this transition! I am kind of hoping that Sophie comes soon or holds off for a little bit! But, please pray that no matter when she comes she will be healthy and that everything there will go well! Thank you all so much for your love and support!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

I'm keeping you and Sophie in my prayers, along with the big move. Take it easy :)