Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday Fun

I just love 3 day weekends! Somehow that one extra day with Nick at home seems to make all of the difference! We had such a fun time and got so much done! Max and Nick got to play a lot which is so fun to watch. They really are best friends! Today Max snuggled Dad pretty much all day. It was so sweet... and I am not going to lie, kind of a nice break for me!
Today we had a really fun suprise. We went to church at James River and ran into our friends, The Carpenter's! They invited us back to their house for lunch and we had such a wonderful time catching up. They just bought a beautiful house in Ozark so it was fun to get to see it for the first time. They have two kids, Ella (2) and Sam (10 months). It was neat to watch Max and Ella play together. It was the first time I have really seen him interact with another kid about his age. He called her "Ew-wa" and they had a ball! It was great because she totally wore him out and he ended up taking a 3 1/2 hour nap this afternoon! Woohoo!
We had a great time at James River this morning. Nick and I are always so amazed at how much we learn during every sermon. My absolute favorite thing about James River is that God gets the credit for EVERYTHING! It seems like at such a big church they could get pretty proud of themselves and start glorifying themselves but they never do. I am really learning so much about how God deserves the credit for every aspect of our lives. Pastor John continued his series on the Second Coming from the book of Luke. Learning about end times is a little scary and intense but if it is in God's word we need to be paying attention to it. And the good news is, if we know Jesus we have nothing to fear! I was reminded of how important Nick and my job as parents is. Raising children who know the Lord is really the only thing that matters! I needed to be reminded of that!
We are looking forward to another fun week! I am trying to stay cool and comfortable... but that is becoming more of a challenge every day! Wish me luck!

No comments: