Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Love Languages

Nick and I read the book, The 5 Love Languages before we got married and really learned a lot. We were also very fortunate to hear the author, Dr. Gary Chapman, speak at a marriage conference a little over a year ago. We have really learned a lot about marriage and speaking love to one another through Dr. Chapman.


Last night, for fun, we took the Love Languages quiz again and our answers had changed a little big since we took the quiz over 3 years ago! Here were our results:


Nick's Main Love Language: Words of Affirmation

Nick's Secondary Love Languages: Quality Time and Physical Touch (totally tied)


Katie's Main Love Language: Words of Affirmation

Katie's Secondary Love Languages: Physical Touch and Quality Time (much less QT)


The funny thing is that even though we share the same love languages and usually people speak their own language to show love, Nick doesn't. He speaks love through Acts of Service which doesn't even register on my radar! Don't get me wrong... I totally appreciate everything he does for me!! He is incredible and I am so lucky to have his help. But, for me, having him fold the laundry (while appreciated) doesn't say "I love you". So, right now we are working on speaking to one another in our love languages!


It is so fun to still be actively working on improving our marriage! I am so blessed to have a husband who wants us to have the best marriage possible! Mediocrity is not okay for us! Thank you, Lord for Nick Ramsey!

No comments: