Friday, April 18, 2008

the man I love



I know I write a lot about how wonderful my husband is... but, I just can't help it! We have had so many amazing conversations this week and I am just in complete awe of how blessed I am to have him in my life. I can't help but wonder what it is like to be married to someone who isn't totally in love with you. My husband cares so much about me. And, even though he isn't the most traditionally romantic man in the world, he can be so romantic in other ways. His little phone calls, e-mails, or notes just to say "I love you" still make my heart skip a beat. I also love how open and honest he is with me.
The night before last we just had the most amazing talk about family. Nick is so wise when it comes to his family sometimes I am just in awe. Where I would totally cry all the time if I didn't feel loved and accepted by my parents or if they didn't have a close relationship with our son he just sees the good things that God has taught him through it all. He uses negative things in his past for God's glory and instead of pouting about the past he learns from it and uses it to be the best husband and father he can be.
Then last night we had a great talk about faith and prayer and what we want to teach our children about God. I can't imagine being a parent with no greater goal or direction. But, when you know Christ and your desire is to have children with heart's on fire for Him life and parenting has so much more meaning. I am so blessed to have a husband who's main priority is that our children know and love Jesus!
Anyway, I could really go on and on for pages but I won't bore you with the details. I just want to never take my husband for granted (again!). He loves me so much and is truly my best friend in the world. I just can't imagine my life without the man I love...

No comments: