Friday, April 11, 2008

Small changes!

Wow, I am really on a roll posting three days in a row! I have had a lot more free time lately so I have been able to write more! It has been so fun. "Katie, why have you had more free time?" you might be asking. Let me tell you... :-)
Somehow, through God's grace I have been much more disciplined this week! Last Saturday I cleaned my whole house and had it completely spotless for Nick's suprise birthday party. Seriously, my house hadn't been that clean since we moved in! I realized I really love having a very clean house! So, I came up with a cleaning schedule (posted here to the side) and I have actually followed through every day! Every night I go to bed with a spotless house and it feels so good to wake up every morning with a fresh start! I clean a little bit throughout the day and then during nap time I do my "big job" for the day. And, somehow, through cleaning more, I have more free time! Or maybe I just feel like I have more free time becuase I don't spend time feeling overwhelmed!
The other thing that might be part of me having more free time is that I have tried to change my driving habits to save money with gas prices being so high. I try to only go to Springfield one or two days a week and I really am already starting to see the money savings. It feels really good! It has been a challenge since I am really a get up and go kind of person and have a hard time being at home, but I am working on it! Which is good because hopefully it will make the transition with the new baby easier if I am already used to spending more time at home! Plus, I know at this age it is good for Max to be at home and get to stick to his schedule.
Anyway, sorry if that was very boring but I just thought I would share what I have been up to!

No comments: