Sunday, April 20, 2008

our dream

I am having so much fun exploring the Proverbs 31 woman through "Beautiful in God's Eyes"! I have read the book before but every chapter I read I just sit in awe at all that I am learning, or re-learning. Today I read about finances and how I can play a role in our family. Even if I don't bring in money I can contribute to our family by budgeting wisely and saving where I can. Elizabeth George points out that "a penny saved is a penny earned" and by being in charge of our families finances I can contribute!
I started talking to Nick about what I was reading and it led to a two hour long discussion about our dream home! It was so much fun! Our dream home is probably not fancy or impressive by any standards but it is what we both want for our family! So, we laid out a financial plan and if it is all in God's will we will be able to build that home in about 4 years! 4 years sounds so far and so close at the same time! However, it will require a lot of diligence and wise spending and thoughtful saving, but it is a dream we both share for our family.
We both really want a home that our kids "grow-up" in. So, we want to be able to buy something we can be in until... well, until we are really old! So, our plan is to build a new house which is something I really thought we would never do. But, after talking about it we realized that if we wanted to live in it for our entire lives it might as well be exactly what we want!
Of course, if this is not in God's plans for our family we are 100% okay with that! We will be very prayerful during these next 4 years as we only want our family to be where God wants us! And, who knows where that might be?
So, for now, I have to focus on saving and making every little financial decision with my family's future in mind. But, I believe that that is what the Proverbs 31 woman did with every decision she made! So, I will strive to be more like her! Please pray for me as I try to be a better steward of my family's money and live in a way that is pleasing to God!

No comments: