Monday, April 28, 2008

In the small things

I just have to take a minute to praise God this afternoon! He is so faithful, even in the small things. Max was having a really rough day today, a combination of not enough sleep and getting molars. He had a major meltdown about every five minutes from about 10a.m. to 12p.m. Normally, this would have me pretty stressed and a little edgy and about ready to call my husband every 5 minutes to ask when he will be home! But, God gave me peace and patience today when I needed it the most! I remained in a good mood the whole time! As my son would throw himself onto the floor I was able to simply smile and either help him with what he needed or if it was really just a tantrum to walk away calmly. It was amazing. And friends, I have to tell you, this was all God! I am NOT a patient person and the sound of my son crying is often enough to put me into some sort of mental institution! I can listen to other people's children cry for hours and remain totally uneffected but when that little boy shows any sign of unhappiness my heart breaks and I am ready to be right there with him until he smiles again!
I am learning to rely on God to meet all of my needs and today I just felt like He was showing me that He is my provider even in the small things! I felt like I received a little love not from my Savior today saying, "You see, you can trust me! You are my child and I will always take care of you when you let me! I am the one thing you can always count on!" Thank you, Lord! I am in awe of who You are!

No comments: